Our 2017 GCCE results reflect the commitment and hard work shown by our students. Once again, through their positive attitude and determination, Year 11 students have achieved high standards and this year marks the schools best attainment results ever!
This year, 71% of students achieved a 9-4 GCSE grade in English and Maths. An outstanding 78% of students achieved an A*-C grade in Science. 78% of students also achieved a 9-4 GCSE grade in English and/or Maths. In Maths, 17% of our students achieved the top grades.
Mr Cannon, Headteacher, said “I am absolutely delighted for all of our students receiving their results this year. The results have been extremely promising and reflect the hard work and dedication of all our students and staff. We are anticipating 100% of our students will go on and study a post-16 course, training or apprenticeship.”
In the latest inspection by Ofsted, Howden has been judged a good school. The two day inspection took place in February and Ofsted wrote that:
- Outcomes are good because from their starting points, pupils make good progress in their subjects.
- Teachers’ clear explanations help pupils to settle quickly to the work that is to be done.
- Work set matches pupils’ needs and abilities and helps them make good progress.
- Pupils want to come to school and their attendance is above average.
- Behaviour around the school is good.
- Pupils respect each other, members of staff and the environment.
- The curriculum provides a wide range of subjects and activities that make a good contribution to pupils’ personal development and welfare.
- Senior leaders and middle leaders check the quality of teaching thoroughly and take action should it fall short of what is required.
- Governance is a strength of the school.
Or click here to visit the Ofsted website.
We are a friendly school with a distinct ethos. We are committed to engaging our key stakeholders – governors, staff, students, parents and carers and our local community – in the life of the school.
As ‘Team Howden’ we have already demonstrated that by working together we can maximise the learning experiences that we provide for our students. As a parent myself I can understand the importance of being able to send my child to a ‘Good’ school, and I would like to thank all of our parents for trusting us to be able to provide a high quality education for all our students.
Our aim remains ‘to become an outstanding’ school!
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and if you require any further information, or would like to visit us, please do contact us. Queries from parents and other members of the public should contact Mrs S Spencer